Virginia Tennis Foundation
Another way you can help USTA/VA raise money for the Foundation is by reserving a tennis license plate. Show your support for the game...please send in a completed DMV license plate application today and help us reach our goal of bringing the first tennis license plate to Virginia. After the first 1,000 plates are sold, a portion of the proceeds will benefit the Virginia Tennis Foundation.
VTF Programming in the News
* VTF Provides Fundraiser for Serve First of Roanoke (Photos / Video)
VIRGINIA TENNIS FOUNDATION SUPPORTS...
- Adaptive Tennis promotes and develops recreational tennis opportunities for individuals with varying abilities and circumstances through inclusion, knowledge, and support. USTA/Virginia's Wayne D. McCoy Beach Blast is currently the largest Unified Tennis Tournament in Virginia!
- Wheelchair Tennis is one of the fastest growing and most challenging of all wheelchair sports. USTA/Virginia's signature wheelchair program is the Truong Wheelchair Tennis Grand Prix, the first such Grand Prix event for wheelchair tennis in the nation!
- Military Families are very important to USTA/Virginia, with the Wounded Warriors Tennis program providing tennis programming for our disabled military personnel. Our Adopt-a-Unit program helps our deployed military service members, and we have adopted a military unit in 2013!
- Serve First of Virginia and its partners have combined to provide Athletics, Citizenship & Education-“A.C.E.’s”, through tennis in after-school programs, beginning in the Roanoke Valley area of Virginia. Click here to learn more about the mission of this organization!
The Foundation also supports “Bounce Back”, a program started by a Lynchburg youth for the purpose of recycling and supplying used tennis balls to nursing homes for medical walkers and therapy, to animal shelters as toys, and to public schools. If you live and play tennis in the Lynchburg, Amherst, Bedford, and Campbell county areas, be on the look-out for the program's recycling containers with the "Bounce Back" logo.
Donations to the Foundation may be made online via Click & Pledge or by sending a check payable to the "Virginia Tennis Foundation" to USTA/VA Tennis at 3229 Brandon Avenue, SW Suite 6 Roanoke, VA 24018.
For more information about the Foundation, please send an email to CLOAKING or contact Janine Underwood, USTA/Virginia Tennis Executive Director at 540.982.5524.
The Virginia Tennis Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to provide resources necessary to enhance programs and services to those in the Commonwealth of Virginia who would otherwise be unable to participate fully in the sport of tennis. Our focus is to raise funds for programs seeking to help Wounded Warriors and their families, wheelchair players, our special needs population, and at risk youth.